Stay In Your Lane!
Today we live in a social media crazed society! There are a number of people who will show off their blessings, but very few will reveal their discomfort and excruciating pain that's felt while dwelling in the valley! When God gives you a vision sometimes mixed feelings begin to surface and you will feel nervous, uncertain, and question your gifts! These are feelings that many will not tell you they've felt at one time or another. What will be shown is their excitement, expectancy, and joy! However, after the initial excitement wears off, sometimes the spirit of comparison surfaces to say "Can we really pull this off?" It's natural, but with social media, it's easy to get caught up in what others are doing. We start comparing our gifts to others. We ask ourselves are we gifted enough? We ultimately begin to question God's ability to use us! Romans 12:6-8 shows us that we are all gifted in specific areas, but all of us are important and share common goals which should be to glorify the Lord and to win souls for Christ! Below are seven key points in remembering the significance behind staying in the lane that God has created specifically for you:
1) If God didn't think you could handle it then He would not have given you the vision. He will give you strength to persevere! Therefore, keep going because SOMEONE NEEDS YOUR GIFT! (Isaiah 41:10 NLT)
2) GOD DOES NOT NEED MAN'S APPROVAL TO USE YOU! Sometimes we are fearful of stepping out on faith because of what our friends and family may say! Jump because there are blessings that are attached to you being obedient. (Deuteronomy 28 1-14 NLT)
3) God has chosen you to carry out His vision and to love on His people! There is something GREAT ABOUT YOU and YOUR STORY that the world needs to hear about! There is PURPOSE BEHIND YOUR PAIN! (Exodus 9:16 NLT)
4) YOUR GIFTS WILL MAKE ROOM FOR YOU! God will give you a mind blowing vision and He wants to see how you will operate and carry the vision out. ARE YOU GOING TO PUT YOUR TRUST IN GOD OR YOUR BANK ACCOUNT? God's favor over your life will open doors that man cannot shut ! Therefore, you will not have to market yourself! God has already marked you and He will attach you to the right person(s) that will take you to the next level! (Proverbs 18:16 NLT)
5) Stop envying those who are doing what you want to do! USE YOUR TIME WISELY and go out and do it! There should be no competition in the body of Christ. So, STOP COMPARING YOURSELF TO OTHERS! (Proverbs 14:30 NLT)
6) WITH ELEVATION COMES SEPARATION! Therefore, you will have to sacrifice and be obedient to fully receive the blessings that God has for you! Sometimes you will want to give up, but when you are gifted you will use those times to reignite the fire that God initially placed inside of you! (Philippians 2:12-13 NLT)
7) MANY PEOPLE WANT THE PLATFORM OR THE SPOTLIGHT MORE THAN THEY WANT TO PLEASE GOD! There are people who are popular with no power because they crave the attention of man! There are also people who have platforms that were serving others long before anyone knew their name and use their platforms effectively and not for their own selfish desires! THEY ARE GENUINE AND HAVE NOT GOTTEN CAUGHT UP IN THE NUMBERS, BUT ARE SEEKING TO WIN SOULS FOR CHRIST! (Galatians 1:10 NLT)
Therefore, be encouraged on this journey because there are people praying for you! There are people who are waiting on you to walk fully in your calling! To love on people. To encourage others. To speak boldly and loudly for God. To be His mouthpiece! Don't give up because you're worthy of dwelling in this place!
"God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another. Do you have the gift of speaking? Then speak as though God himself were speaking through you. Do you have the gift of helping others? Do it with all the strength and energy that God supplies. Then everything you do will bring glory to God through Jesus Christ. All glory and power to him forever and ever! Amen." 1 Peter 4:10-11 NLT